FTO Drivers Club, Western Australia Forum Index FTO Drivers Club, Western Australia
A general discussion for members of the FTO Drivers Club (WA)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FTO placed 7th in a field of 74 at Sunday's MC Finals comp!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FTO Drivers Club, Western Australia Forum Index -> Club Motorsport
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RichardH

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: FTO placed 7th in a field of 74 at Sunday's MC Finals comp! Reply with quote

Last Sunday was the finals of the MC Motorsport driving comp series. Mine was the only FTO in a field comprised of Lotus Elise, Skylines, Porsches, WRX (30 of the bloody things - they're like flies at a barbecue) and the odd Clubman and EVO VIII.

Six tight, rain-soaked courses later, and I'd claimed 7th place out of a field of 74!

That's by far the best result I've ever managed in the two years or so I've been competing... and don't it feel good!!! Very Happy

Some more details up on the Motorsport page - http://www.ftowa.com/html/motorsport/motorsport.html, including a full Finals event timesheet.

Now, it's off to find any FTO-related forum I haven't posted on yet! Gotta get 'em all... Very Happy

- Rich

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Rich,

Well done in the compo. Do you know of anywhere in the UK that does this kind of competition? There's nothing I'd like better than putting my RX-8 through it's paces, in relative safety Smile

Sean (P.)
RichardH

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sean! Great to hear from you mate! When's the little one due?

I did a bit of UK Googling for ya, trying different terms. Looks like the UK clubs call it Autocross, like the US.

Try this, for one...

http://www.aemc.org.uk/Motor_Sport/Autocross/autocross.html

Talk to them... You should be able to go from there.

- Rich
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FTO Drivers Club, Western Australia Forum Index -> Club Motorsport All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: